This section has published articles written by Karen Coomer on contemporary occupational health which may be of interest to you. Some are downloadable but please feel free to contact Karen Coomer at email@example.com for details of the others.
- 2014 - Health promotion and healthy behaviour change is more than a road show in the workplace. Coomer K (2014) Health promotion - what is the best approach. Occupational Health Magazine
- 2014 - This articles discusses the barriers that exist between OH practitioner and academic research. Coomer K (2014) Collaborative research - OH practitioner and academic research - can it work? Occupational Health [at work].
- 2013 - Study comparing the knowledge, understanding and use of work ability among OH nurses and physicians in the UK and Finland. Coomer K & Houdmont J. (2013) Occupational health professionals knowledge, understanding and use of work ability. Occupational Medicine.
- 2012 - Two part series examining motivation at work. Part 1 discusses the social, economic and political context in which people work in the UK. Part 2 focuses on motivational theories such as maslow, herzberg, hawthorne and expectancy and discusses their relevance to occupational health practice.
- Coomer K. (2012) Motivation at work: A macro structural approach. Occupational Health [at work].
Coomer K. (2012) Motivation at work: A micro structural approach. Occupational Health [at work].
- 2011 - An article exploring an ageing workforce in the context of the Finnish work ability model. Coomer K. (2011) An ageing workforce - implications for occupational health. Occupational Health [at work].
- 2010 - The OH professions remit is expanding but many employers do not understand what occupational health has to offer. It it time to define the OH brand? Coomer K. (2010) The occupational health brand - what are we? Occupational Health Magazine.
- 2010 - Discusses how applicable caring and compassion is in the commercial occupational health setting. Coomer K. (2010) Caring occupational health - does it exist? Occupational Health
- 2007 - Discusses corporate culture in relation to occupational health practice using the competing values framework by Cameron and Quinn. Coomer K (2010) Corporate Cultures. Occupational Health Magazine.
- 2007 - Work environment factors such as, noise, open plan offices and stress, are discussed in relation to employee health and well-being. Coomer K (2007) This time its
personal. Safety and Health Practitioner.
- 2007 - Article written for North Yorkshire CIPD on what to look for when setting up an occupational health service. Includes the musts, shoulds and nice to haves. Coomer
K. You think you need an occupational health service - what now!. CIPD